An associate attorney at LawrenceQueen, Dominique L. Young centers her practice as a Richmond employment lawyer on the complete understanding and representation of her clients’ needs and best interests. She represents employers and employees in the various disputes or other matters that may arise in the employment law sector. Ms. Young’s clients can count on her commitment, drive, and intelligence as she pursues a swift and favorable case result.
Ms. Young is an alumna of Virginia Commonwealth University, where she studied business marketing with a pre-law concentration. After her time at VCU, Ms. Young attended Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University College of Law, where she participated in various legal clinics serving indigent persons. While in law school, Ms. Young spent her extracurricular time serving as the chair of the Student Bar Association tutoring committee, Black Law Students Association, and Women’s Law Caucus.
Since returning to Virginia, Ms. Young has continued her passion for helping others by volunteering pro-bono hours of service to the Central Virginia Legal Aid Society and is extremely active in increasing diversity in the practice of law. Ms. Young is also is the business law instructor in the VCU Paralegal certification program.
She has been admitted to practice in the following jurisdictions:
- State of Florida
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors
- Old Dominion Bar Association
- Hill-Tucker Bar Association
- Metro Richmond Women’s Bar Association, Public Service committee member
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Ms. Young was recently featured as the VTLA July 2019 Member spotlight.